Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome...

Not sure if anyone will read this. But basically the idea from this stems that I frequently make geography-related posts on a website I frequent, Electric Samurai, and I thought I would like to have them collected for my own sake if nothing else. They are a mix of things related to geography trivia (many quizzes based on themes usually), geography checks on what other people mistakenly post or even say in the news... and just random musings.

This is not entirely listed to real-world maps, as I also frequently comment on fantasy maps from stuff like Tolkien, Donaldson, Martin, Kurtz, etc., basically anything that bothers to have a map in it that I can look at.

BTW, in case I didn't mention it, I really like maps. I collect maps, have tons of them in my home where I sometimes treat them almost like wallpaper. Some of them are your standard National Geographic type, some form a Rand McNally store, some from obscure sources (nautical charts, foreign universities, whatever). I spent a lot of time in the Republic of Panama so I have a particular fondness for maps of that area, including my prize, which is a raised relief map of the entire country that measures about four feet across (exaggerated relief, so Volcan Baru is somewhere over an inch higher than the surface of the map).

Anyway, enough about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment